Suzhiyam | Sweet Bonda | Suzhiyan | Seeyam | Poornalu
For the filling
Chana dal – 1 cup
Water – 1.5 cup
Jaggery – 1 cup
Grated coconut – 1/2 cup
Cardamom Powder – 1 tsp
For the batter
Parboiled rice – 1/2 cup
Raw rice – 1/2 cup
Urad dal – 1/4 cup
Oil for deep frying
For making the batter
1. Wash and soak raw rice, idly rice and urad dal each separately for 5 hours or overnight.
2. Transfer urad dal to a mixer grinder and grind them to a fine paste.
3. Same way grind idly rice and raw rice to a smooth paste like we do for making idly.
4. Transfer ground flour to a mixing bowl and add required salt, mix well.
5. Batter consistency should be like idly batter which is slightly thick.
6. Allow them to ferment overnight
For making the filling
1. Soak chana dal in water for 2 hours.
2. Pressure cook for 3 whistles with enough water such that the dal is completely immersed.
3. Dissolve the jaggery in some water and bring it to a boil and set it aside
4. To a pan, add the grounded chana dal and strain the jaggery to it and let it come to a boil.
5. Add grated coconut, cardamom powder to the chana dal – jaggery mixture. Mix everything well for 2 minutes in low flame, till it comes together.
6. Pinch a small portion of the stuffing / pooranam, and roll it into a ball, little tightly.
7. Make equal sized balls with all the pooranam.
1. Now dip kadalai paruppu pooranam in the fermented batter and fry them in hot oil over medium flame until they are slightly brown in color.
2. You can serve the suzhiyam hot or at room temperature.
Sabudana – 1/4 Cup
Ghee – 2 Tbsp
Full Fat Boiled Milk – 1 Litre
Cardamom Pods (Pound The Seeds)
Dried Rose Petals (Optional)
Sugar 3/4 Cup
1. Soak the tapioca pearls for a minimum of 2 hours
2. Heat ghee in a pan.
3. Fry raisins and cashew nuts till slightly browned.
4 Add the grated Lauki and fry for 5-6 minutes on low heat until it is softened.
5. Add milk in the pan.
6. Once the milk starts to boil, simmer the heat and let the kheer thicken.
7. Add the soaked tapioca pearls in the milk and cook on low heat for 20-25 minutes.
8. Keep stirring in between.
9. Once the kheer has thickened to the desired consistency, add cardamom powder and sugar.
10. Cook for another 3-4 minutes.
11. Garnish with almond and slivers and rose petals.
12. Serve hot or chilled.
Moong Dal Payasam | Pasi Paruppu Payasam | Moong Dal Kheer
Moong Dal – 1 cup
Jaggery – 250 gms
Cardamom Powder – 1/2 Tsp
Thick Coconut Milk – 1/2 cup
Peoples are using these keywords: Moong dal kheer, Pasi paruppu payasam, Poornalu, Seeyam, Suzhiyan, Sweet bonda, Moong dal payasam, Lauki kheer, Suzhiyam, Sweet recipes, India, English