Raw rice – 1/2 cup
Moong dal – 2 tbsp
Jaggery – 1 cup
Ghee – 1 tbsp
A few Cashew nuts
A few Raisins
A few Cardamom pods
Edible Camphor – tiny pinch
1. Roast Moong dal and Raw rice for a few minutes in a deep cooker pot.
2. Then, add water and let it pressure cook for about 2-3 whistles.
3. To melt jaggery – take a small pot, add quarter cup water and add the jaggery.
4. Strain the melted jaggery into the boiled dal and rice. Let it cook on medium low flame.
5. Add freshly ground cardamom and edible camphor. Turn off the stove. It will thicken and reach the right consistency as it cools down.
6. In another pan roast cashew and raisins in some ghee and add it as a garnish to the sweet pongal.
FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/HomeCookingShow
INSTAGRAM – https://www.instagram.com/homecooking…
TWITTER – https://twitter.com/VentunoCooking
A Ventuno Production : http://www.ventunotech.com
Peoples are using these keywords: Pasi parappu, Moong dal, Raw rice, jaggery, kitchen, Festival recipes, Tamil recipes, Homecooking, Yummy, tasty, food, Sakkarai pongal, Sarkkarai pongal, Pongal recipes, pongal, Desserts, India, English