Instant Puliyodharai Powder – Puliyodharai Idiyappam
#PuliyodharaiIdiyappam #InstantTamarindPowder #Pulihora
Generally, preparing Puliyodharai is very time-consuming. No need to stand for hours to make Puliyodharai anymore. It can be made in very few seconds with this Instant Puliyodharai mix. And I am going to show you how to make Puliyodharai Idiyappam with this instant Puliyodharai mix.
Puliyodharai tastes best when had 2-3 hours later than the time of preparation. It is the most highly sorted out picnic/ travel meal among the South-Indians as it becomes tastier as the sour tamarind flavor deepens with time so it is a fantastic lunch box dish also.
This makes 250 gms of Puliyodharai Mix. Pulikachal mix generally stays good upto a month but you can store this upto 3 months in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
Idiyappam recipe – http://bit.ly/2t7oiwZ
Puliyodharai Rice recipe – http://bit.ly/2DWxj28
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Number of Servings: 4-5 persons
Gingelly Oil 1 Tbsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 Tsp
Chana Dal – 1 Tsp
Urad Dal – 1 Tsp
A Pinch Of Asafoetida Powder
Peanuts – 1/4 Cup
Few Curry Leaves
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 Tsp
Idiyappam – 7 Pieces
To Make Puliyodharai Mix
Tamarind 100 Gms
Chana Dal 2 Tbsp
Urad Dal 2 Tbsp
Coriander Seeds -3 Tbsp
Black Peppercorn 2 Tsp
Fenugreek Seeds 1/2 Tsp
Sesame Seeds 1 Tbsp
Red Chili 20 Nos
Rock Salt 2 Tbsp
Asafoetida Powder – 1 Tsp
Powdered Jaggery 1 ½ Tbsp
1. Heat a pan and dry roast the separately coriander seeds, urad dal, chana dal, fenugreek and peppercorns till the dals become golden brown and the peppercorns splutter. Do the roasting patiently without burning the stuff in medium flame.
2. Then fry the sesame seeds also in the pan till they splutter well. Fry the red chillies for a minute. Dry roast the required salt also to remove the moist if any and it helps the mix to last longer.
3. Put all the roasted ingredients in a broad bowl together to get cold.
4. Meanwhile, remove the seeds from the tamarind if any and pinch them to small pieces.
5. Heat the pan and fry the tamarind in medium flame for 5 minutes.
6. Allow it to cool.
7. Now powder all the roasted ingredients together, jaggery, tamarind and asafoetida powder and transfer to a bowl.
8. Store in the air tight box.
To Make Puliyodharai Idiyappam
1. In a broad pan or bowl take 7 pieces of idiyappam and break it into smaller pieces
2. Heat a sauteing pan with 2 tbspoons of sesame oil. Puliyodharai gets its authentic taste from the mix of the spices with the sesame oil, so it is a must to use sesame oil for this recipe.
3. Add mustard seeds, urad dal and chana dal 1 teaspoon each.
4. When they start turning brown add some peanuts, 1/2 teaspoon hing powder, 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder and curry leaves.
5. Give a stir and add the idiyappam pieces and powder. Now stir gently with a ladle. The spicy, tangy and aromatic Idiyappam Puliyodharai is ready now.
You can use the same Puliyodharai mix and follow the same steps to make Instant Puliyodharai Rice.
You can buy our book and classes on http://www.21frames.in/shop
HAPPY COOKING WITH HOMECOOKING
ENJOY OUR RECIPES
FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/HomeCookingShow
INSTAGRAM – https://www.instagram.com/homecookingshow
A Ventuno Production : http://www.ventunotech.com
Peoples are using these keywords: Tamarind rice, Puliyogare, Puliyodharai, Idiyappam, Puliyodharai idiyappam, Variety rice, India, English