Pori Dosa (Puffed Rice Dosa)
Dosa is a really easy to make popular breakfast dish of South India. It is one of the
most healthy and nutritious South-Indian meals. However, this dosa we are making today is
different from the common dosa, because this dosa is made using puffed rice as well as
raw rice and other ingredients. This soft and spongy dosa is eaten for breakfast and as a
snack. It is typically served with coconut or onion chutney and some hot Sambar.
Raw rice – 1 cup
Puffed rice (Pori) – 4 cup
Urad dal – 1/4 cup
Fenugreek seeds – 1/2 tsp
Salt – 1 tsp
Pori Dosa Recipe in English: https://goo.gl/yx5P7S
Millet Dosa Recipe: https://goo.gl/SvqWQh
Adai Dosa Recipe: https://goo.gl/vii14C
1. Add the raw rice to a huge mixing bowl. Add enough water and let the rice soak for
about three hours.
2. Soak the puffed rice in enough water in a separate mixing bowl.
3. Soak the urad dal and fenugreek seeds in a separate bowl by adding enough water.
4. After three hours, remove the water and add the raw rice to a mixer jar and grind it.
5. Squeeze out the water from the puffed and add them to the mixer jar.
6. Add the soaked urad dal and fenugreek seeds to the jar as well.
7. Grind the ingredients together. Add a little water and grind it again to get a batter.
Make sure the consistency of the batter is not too thin or too thick. It should be thick
8. Add some salt to the batter and mix it well.
9. Now, let the batter sit for a minimum of eight hours or overnight, so it is nicely
10. Now, heat a tawa on the stove.
11. Pour a little batter onto the tawa and spread it evenly.
12. Add a little oil on the batter and also on the corners.
13. Close it with a lid and let it cook on one side while it gets steamed on the other
side. Keep the tawa on a medium flame while doing this.
14. Your Puffed Rice Dosa is ready to be served. Serve it with some nice coconut, mint or
tomato chutney or sambar.
#PoriDosa #PuffedRiceDosa #Dosa
You can buy our book and classes on http://www.21frames.in/shop
HAPPY COOKING WITH HOMECOOKING
ENJOY OUR RECIPES
FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/HomeCookingShow
INSTAGRAM – https://www.instagram.com/homecooking…
A Ventuno Production : http://www.ventunotech.com
Peoples are using these keywords: Puffed rice dosa, Pori dosa, Tamilnadu Special cuisine, India, English