Nimki (Maida Papdi)
Is your kid a fan of those spicy and oily chips? What about namkeen? Is your kid’s intake of namkeen everyday far too high for it to be healthy? I am sure it is. Chips. Namkeens. These are those tantalizingly addicting snack items that are simply a tease when kept in front of a kid. But… what about those kids who can’t handle spicy?
Ever faced the problem of the snacks being too spicy for your kids? Well, why not make your some non-spicy namkeen yourselves at home to match your kids tastes? Here is a simple recipe for you to experiment with.
All-purpose flour – 1 cup
Salt – 1 tsp.
Black Sesame seeds – 1 tsp.
Ghee – 4 tsp.
1. Take a large mixing bowl and add a 1 cup of Maida or All-purpose flour, 1 tsp. of Salt and 1 tsp. of Black Sesame seeds. Mix the ingredients together using your hands.
2. Now, add some ghee and mix everything together.
3. Finally, pour a little water and mix well to form a dough.
4. Knead it till you get a stiff dough and let it sit for 15 minutes.
1. Take a little of the Dough in your palm and roll it into small balls.
2. Roll the dough flat by using a roti roller.
3. Make incisions of diamond or square shapes in the rolled out dough. Carefully separate the dough into several diamond shaped or square shaped pieces.
4. Take a wide sauce pan and pour some oil into it. Once the oil is hot, gently and carefully drop the pieces into the pan.
5. Keep the flame on medium high and fry them till they turn a beautiful brown in colour.
6. Crispy Namkeen snack is ready to serve with tea or coffee.
You can also add some spices to the namkeen and then pour some curd over them to have as a variation of the famous dahi papdi.
Papdi's are usually made in circular shapes, but that is very time consuming, so these papdi's have been made in diamond shape. This is just one variation of the many papdi recipes available in the market. You can make them in a circular shape if you wish to.
Visit our website – http://www.21frames.in/homecooking
Follow us on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/HomeCookingShow
Follow us on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/homecookingshow/
Follow us on Twitter – https://twitter.com/VentunoCooking
Subscribe to us on YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/user/VentunoHomeCooking
A Ventuno Production – http://www.ventunotech.com
Peoples are using these keywords: Kids special, Snacks for kids, Recipe for kids, Quick recipe, Low fat, easy, Papdi, Low spice, Spiceless, Nimki recipe, Maida recipe, Tea time snack, snack, Nimki, home cooking, Indian snack