Keerai (spinach) – 1 bunch
Cooked Toor Dal – 1 cup
Shallots – 200 gms
Green chilli – 2
Sambar powder – 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Tomato – 1 chopped
Tamarind puree – 1/2 cup
Water – 1 glass
Oil – 2 tbsp
Urad Dal – 1/2 tsp
Chana Dal – 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
Asafoetida powder a pinch
A few Curry leaves
1. Pressure cook the Toor Dal & keep aside.
2. Heat Oil in a kadai. Add Urad Dal, Chana Dal, Cumin seeds & Mustard seeds.
3. Once the Mustard seeds starts splattering add a pinch of Asafoetida powder, Shallots, Green Chilli, Curry leaves & saute it for a minute.
4. Now add 2 tsp of Sambar powder, Salt & mix it well.
5. Next add the Tomatoes, Tamarind puree (Dilute it with water) & mix well.
6. Then add Keerai (spinach) & mix well.
7. Finally add the Cooked Toor Dal, a glass of Water & mix well. At this point check for seasoning.
8. Close it with lid & let it cook for about 10 minutes.
9. South Indian style Keerai Sambar (Spinach Sambar) is ready. Serve it with hot steaming Rice.
Enjoy with your family & friends. HAPPY COOKING with HOMECOOKING
Visit our website – http://www.21frames.in/homecooking
Follow us on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/HomeCookingShow
Follow us on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/homecookingshow/
Follow us on Twitter – https://twitter.com/VentunoCooking
Subscribe to us on YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/user/VentunoHomeCooking
A Ventuno Production – http://www.ventunotech.com
Peoples are using these keywords: cooking, foodie, kitchen, tasty, Homecooking, food, Yummy, Pasalai keerai, keerai, spinach, Toor dal, sambar, Keerai sambar, Vegetarian cuisine, india, English