Gur ka Halwa
Prep time: 10 minutes
Number of Servings: 3-4 persons
Cook time: 20 minutes
Jaggery – 1 cup
Semolina – 1/2 cup
Water – 2 cups
Ghee – 50 gms
Cardamom – 3 no
1. Dissolve the jaggery in water and bring it to a boil.
2. But if you want your halwa to be sweet, you can add some more of the jaggery.
3. Once the jaggery is completely dissolved, turn off the stove and keep it aside.
4. In a pan, heat up some ghee and roast cashews and raisins till they become golden in colour.
5. Transfer the roasted cashews and raisins to another plate.
6. Now roast the semolina in the same pan till they become golden in colour.
7. Strain the jaggery to the pan.
8. Close the lid and cook the semolina on low flame.
9. You can grind the cardamom pods in the meanwhile.
10. After about 10 minutes check if the semolina is cooked. The semolina should be cooked perfectly without any water left out.
11. Add 2-3 teaspoons of ghee and add the cardamom powder to the halwa. You can add some ghee if you would prefer it.
12. Garnish it with almonds and pistachios, but this step is optional.
Gur ka Halwa is now ready to serve.
FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/HomeCookingShow
INSTAGRAM – https://www.instagram.com/homecookingshow/
TWITTER – https://twitter.com/VentunoCooking
A Ventuno Production : http://www.ventunotech.com
Peoples are using these keywords: jaggery, Quick sweets, sweets, ghee, Halwa recipes, dessert, Desserts, halwa, How to make, Diy, cuisine, recipe, kitchen, home cooking, Ventuno, Gur ka halwa, Desserts, India, English