A variety rice is everyone’s favourite. In the middle of our usual routine meal of sambar rice and poriyal every day, knowing that we are getting some sort f variety rice today is sure to make anyone happy. However, the thought of it being curry leaves rice sure does dampen our good mood, doesn’t it? But what to do, our taste buds never did like the healthy stuff. So, the only thing you can do? Still, have those healthy dishes, but with some tasty side dish. After all, isn’t taking care of our health a priority too? A simple recipe on how to make this healthy curry leaves rice has been mentioned below.
Curry leaves – 1 cup
Gingely/Sesame oil – 1 tsp
Chana dal – 2 tsp
Urad dal – 1 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Fenugreek seeds – 1/4 tsp
Peppercorn – 8 nos
Sesame seeds – 1/2 tsp
Dry red chili – 4 nos
Asafoetida powder – 1/4 tsp
Tamarind – small piece
Cooked rice – 1 bowl
Chana dal – 1 tsp
Urad dal – 1 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Peanuts – 2 Tbsp
Dry red chili – 2 nos
Curry Leaves Rice in English: https://goo.gl/nhcUuF
Pudina Rice Recipe: https://goo.gl/JtwCyw
Jeera Rice Recipe: https://goo.gl/9EVbsK
1. Take a wide pan and heat some oil in it. Add chana dal, urad dal, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, peppercorns, sesame seeds, and dry red chili to the pan. Roast them on a medium-low flame.
2. Once the ingredients in the pan turn a light brown in colour, add curry leaves to the pan and roast.
3. Right before turning off the stove add some asafoetida powder and a piece of tamarind. Roast till you get a nice aroma and then turn off the stove and let the mixture cool down.
4. Grind the mix to powder. Your curry leaves powder is ready!
1. In the same pan, heat some gingelly oil (sesame oil). Add chana dal, urad dal, mustard seeds, peanuts and dry red chili. Roast them on a medium-low flame.
2. Once the ingredients for tempering is roasted, add the cooked rice and mix well.
3. Now, add enough curry leaves powder and final season it with some salt. Mix evenly then turn off the stove.
4. Voila! Your Curry Leaves Rice is ready.
This rice tastes best when served hot. Serve it with some pickle, or some crispy papad. You can also have it with some gravy or stir fry (Poriyal) if you find it too bland.
HAPPY COOKING WITH HOMECOOKING
ENJOY OUR RECIPES
FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/HomeCookingShow
INSTAGRAM – https://www.instagram.com/homecookingshow
A Ventuno Production : http://www.ventunotech.com
Peoples are using these keywords: foodie, enjoy, special, language, Tamil recipe, country, Tastemade, Easymade, dal, Channa dal, Urad dal, pepper, salt, production, Ventuno production, Ventuno homecooking, cooking, Homecooking, Yummy, tasty, easy, Variety rice, recipe, Lunchbox, Lunchbox recipe, Vegetarian, curry leaves, Curry Leaf, Vegetarian cuisine, Tamilnadu Special cuisine, india, Tamil, Tamil