Banana Cake with Buttercream Frosting
#BananaCake #Cakes #Banana
Eggless Mug Cake 2 Ways recipe – http://bit.ly/2IVO4iL
Orange Cake recipe – http://bit.ly/2EEN2U5
Soft and fluffy with a tender, moist crumb, this is banana cake perfection. It is full of banana goodness. It’s easy to make and is perfectly complemented by a liberal topping of buttercream frosting that am going to show you. You can also serve it warm with vanilla ice-cream
Prep time: 60 mins
Cook time: 60 mins
Number of Servings: 4-5 persons
Ripe Banana – 3 Nos
Maida – 3 Cups
Salt – 1/2 Tsp
Baking Powder – 1 Tsp
Baking Soda – 1 Tsp
Cinnamon Powder – 1/2 Tsp
Unsalted Butter – 3/4 Cup
Sugar – 1 Cup
Brown Sugar – 1/2 Cup
Vanilla Essence – 2 Tsp
Egg – 3 Nos
Thick Buttermilk – 1 1/2 Cups
Walnuts – 1/2 Cup Finely Chopped (Optional)
To Make Buttercream Frosting
Unsalted Butter – 200 Gms
Vanilla Essence – 1 Tsp
Powdered Sugar – 2 Cups
Fresh Cream – 1/3 Cup
1. Preheat the oven to (180°C) and grease a pan.
2. Mash the bananas. Set mashed bananas aside.
3. Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together. Set aside.
4. Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter on high speed until smooth and creamy – about 1 minute. Add both sugars and beat on high speed for 2 minutes until creamed together. Scrape down the sides and up the bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed. Add the eggs and the vanilla. Beat on medium-high speed until combined, then beat in the mashed bananas. Scrape down the sides and up the bottom of the bowl as needed. With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients in three additions alternating with the buttermilk and mixing each addition just until incorporated. Do not overmix. The batter will be slightly thick and a few lumps is OK.
5. Spread batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 60 minutes. Baking times vary, so keep an eye on yours. The cake is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. If you find the top of the cake is browning too quickly in the oven, loosely cover it with aluminum foil.
6. Remove the cake from the oven and set on a wire rack. Allow to cool completely. After about 45 minutes, I usually place it in the refrigerator to speed things up.
1. In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter on medium speed until smooth. Turn the speed to low and slowly add the powdered sugar until it’s mixed in.
2. Slowly stream in 1/3 cup of the heavy cream and vanilla. Turn the mixer up to medium speed and mix for 1 minute until creamy. Add additional heavy cream, if a creamier frosting is desired.
You can buy our book and classes on http://www.21frames.in/shop
HAPPY COOKING WITH HOMECOOKING
ENJOY OUR RECIPES
FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/HomeCookingShow
INSTAGRAM – https://www.instagram.com/homecookingshow
A Ventuno Production : http://www.ventunotech.com
Peoples are using these keywords: Homecooking, Cake recipe, cake, banana, Frosting for cake, Frosting, Buttercream frosting, Banana cake with buttercream frosting, Banana cake, India, English